[Asterisk-Users] Retrieving dtmf, passing to shell, and getting the result

Jane Reeder jane_reeder at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 10 07:41:56 MST 2005

I have my asterisk server up and running on OS X and now need to add the
capability to play a sound file asking for a 5 digit number, play another
message asking for a 2 digit number, pass these variables to a shell script,
and get the result. I have tried a number of different scenarios but they
are not working. I have read through the wiki, past posts, and numerous
websites.
The sound files are enter-first & enter-second
The shell script is CheckNumbers.sh

exten => 2,2,get_data ("enter-first","10000","5")
exten => 2,3,get_data ("enter-second","10000","2")
exten => 2,4,system(/usr/local/Scripts/CheckNumbers.sh ${firstnumber,
secondnumber)

I really appreciate your help!

Jane