[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + spandsp

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jul 10 00:28:18 MST 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 11:43:00PM +0000, Leonardo F. Bauchwitz wrote:
> Hello Tzafrir:
>
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 01:15:16PM +0000, Leonardo F. Bauchwitz wrote:
> >

> >>Hello:
> >>I dont know, if is my question to do hier, or in the dev-list, but anyway:
> >>I 've installed Asterisk (head, development because I need Realtime),
> >>but when I try to apply the patch I 've got many errors, reason why I
> >>wrote myself the apps/Makefile.
> >>(Of course, first, I compiled spandsp, etc.)
> >>Then, I try to compile Asterisk, but it 's impossible:
> >>

> >For the record, the debian source package asterisk-apps-spandsp builds
> >out-of-tree just fine.
> >

> I use Debian and Ututo-e (and I have proved Xorcom :)), but this
> package, -asterisk-apps-spandsp- support Asterisk Real Time?

The package itself is a simple asterisk application. I don't think that
real-time configuration is much relevant to it. Maybe you need to build
it with HEAD to get real-time, though.

> Now, I work with the development version of Asterisk because support
> that issue.

We don't yet package HEAD, however the above was a general comment about
out-of-tree building of asterisk modules. The amount of patching needed
to get them to build out-of-tree is generally minimal.

There's a small script in the contrib directory to help with that, but
so far I never used it.