[Asterisk-Users] SIP phone w/ XML browser

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Sat Jul 9 12:19:49 MST 2005

thank you Brian,
but seems, that Polycom phones are not very good option for general
corporate use and even not for use with asterisk (* explicitly
unsupported!), look:

from voipsupply.com:
Please Note: Polycom phones are not supported under Asterisk Open Source
PBX.

from Polycom FAQ:
Can the phones be used independent of a Technology Partner’s platform?
No. In order to support full business phone features, the SoundPoint IP
is required to operate in conjunction with Partners’ IP PBX...
Can the phones support LDAP directories?
Currently there is no support for directories like LDAP.
Is there a web browser built into the phone?
Polycom does not currently support this capability.

I found avaya phones, that have nice features as I mentioned before
(e.g. xml browser) , any experiance with avaya SIP phones and their cost?
PJ