[Asterisk-Users] IAXphone -> ip address -> extension number.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Jul 8 20:38:07 MST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:12:37PM +0200, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:

> Is this how the modprobes are supposed to respond??
>
> gl0:/home/zls # modprobe zaptel
> gl0:/home/zls # lsmod | grep z
> Module                  Size  Used by
> zaptel                239620  0
> crc_ccitt               6144  1 zaptel
> gl0:/home/zls # modprobe ztdummy
> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 142: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'
> gl0:/home/zls # lsmod | grep z
> Module                  Size  Used by
> ztdummy                 7744  0
> zaptel                239620  1 ztdummy
> crc_ccitt               6144  1 zaptel
> gl0:/home/zls #

This error does not come from the kernel when initilizing the module.
Rather, it comes from the post-install user-space action of 'ztcfg'.
ztdummy does not need the insmod postinstall action of ztcfg, beccause
there is nothing to configure in it (/me too lazy to file a bug report)

However if you don't have the ztcfg device files they need to be
created. Do you use kernel 2.4 or 2.6?

If you use 2.4, consider 2.6, as its ztdummy works better. If you use
2.6, you may be using udev, and need to read README.udev .