[Asterisk-Users] Agent Silent Call Issue (seems like an asterisk bug / SjPhone Bug)

Evan Duffield eduffield at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 19:26:52 MST 2005

I have an issue with silent calls when an agent gets a call from the queue

What happens is

- The system dials a call (agent call)
- The caller picks up
- Asterisk sees the person picked up
- Transfered to an agent
- Agents phone automaticly picks up (sjphone auto accept on)
            -The user hears nothing says "Hello, Hello, Hello ???"
- Asterisk sees agent as 'Available' (even though hes on the phone)
- Asterisk times out (like it was ringing the phone)
            -I have set the timeout to different amounts of time
             and it changes the amount of time that the phone
automaticly hangs up
- Asterisk times out, sjphone hangs up
- Person on the line goes into the queue
- Waits the 15 seconds to retry (or whatever it was set to)
 - Transfered back to the agent, and they are there .. both can hear each other

Any ideas of how to fix this problem. I have tried to remove auto
answer, and it does the same. I have not tried other phones though.

Evan