[Asterisk-Users] McLeod Integrated T1 - no PRI?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Jul 8 15:45:58 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

	We have recently turned up a new T1 from McLeod (Midwestern CLEC).  It
is configured like so:

/etc/zaptel.conf:

loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs ;(also tried 1,1,0,esf,b8zs)
bchan=13-23
nethdlc=1-12
dchan=24

/etc/zapata.conf:

switchtype=national
context=pri-in
signalling=pri_cpe
group=1
channel => 13-23

	I can get hdlc0 (and pvc0) up just fine after the appropriate sethdlc
and ifconfig commands.  Works perfectly.  No alarms, everything looks
good.  PRI, however, refuses to work...

pbx*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 24
Switchtype: National ISDN
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

	Evidently, this is a Lucent 5ess switch but I am supposed to use
national.  I have tried both, and every combination of pri_cpe, pri_net,
switchtype, etc. to no avail.  The McLeod switch tech says that
everything looks fine on their end, and they too verify that HDLC on the
T is up and there are no alarms.  We are both totally confused.

	I am pretty sure that it is something on their end, because I have
configured many a T1/PRI without problems.  If anything, the fact that
this is an "integrated product" may have something to do with it, but I
am bamboozled by the fact that HDLC data works and PRI does not.  I also
tried it without the nethdlc lines, no dice.

	"pri intense debug span 1"  shows SABME's going out with nothing else
happening.  Currently this T is connected to a Te110p, but we also tried
a te405p with the same results.  Same thing with a Sangoma A101.   We
even connected them back to back, changed one to pri_net, and were able
to bring up the PRI in between two Asterisk servers.  Looks like it's
McLeod?

	Does anyone have any ideas?  Any magic words to give to the people at
McLeod to get this running?  Any success/failure stories with McLeod in
general?

	Running CVS HEAD, tried three versions from three separate times,
including the most recent from yesterday.

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner