[Asterisk-Users] dialling in from analog line -> only get 2 of 3 digits extensions

Bernie Ott gurkenschaeler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:42:28 MST 2005

Hi all.

I am seeing incoming calls from digital lines (mobiles e.g.) dialling
my main number + 3-digit extension just fine ("Accepting voice call
from '11234567' to '250' on channel 0/1, span 1"). The problem however
is with calls from analog lines:

"Accepting voice call from '13331846' to '25' on channel 0/1, span 1"

* just sees 2 digits, not the 3 digits that were dialled.

so I defined some goto extension as a quick fix like

exten => 25,Goto(250,1)

now this does not really solve my issues, as the missing digit ("0" in
this case) magically appears a few seconds late. but when it does, *
is already humming away in the middle of the 250 extension and
suddently gets a single "0":

    -- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing NoOp("Zap/1-1", "_. 27 x 11234567 x 11234567 x ") in new stack
    -- Executing Goto("Zap/1-1", "internal-phones|27|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (internal-phones,27,1)
    -- Executing DigitTimeout("Zap/1-1", "1") in new stack
    -- Set Digit Timeout to 1
    -- Executing Goto("Zap/1-1", "270|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (internal-phones,270,1)
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Wait("Zap/1-1", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing SetMusicOnHold("Zap/1-1", "steinadler") in new stack
    -- Executing BackGround("Zap/1-1",
"steinadler/warteschleife_ferien") in new stack
    -- Playing 'steinadler/warteschleife_ferien' (language 'de')
    -- Invalid extension '0' in context 'internal-phones' on Zap/1-1

^--- that's pretty bad as * then jumps to my "s" extension which goes
to a totally different place.

so. As you see from the asterisk logs above, I tried to solve this
issue by setting digittimeout, hoping that would solve the
missing/stray digit.

; migration while XX issues last
exten => 27,1,DigitTimeout(1)
exten => 27,2,Goto(270,1)

as seen above, it does not.

in my zapata.conf, the overlapdial is set to yes. without that, I do
not see any info from incoming analog calls as to what extension they
actually dialled. so it seems I need overlapdial after all.

I must admit, I am a a bit desperate at this point, as I tried to
resolve this in #asterisk on freenode before, as well as doing massive
research on voip-info.org and simply by googling (also this
mailinglist).

I've heard from collegues that for Austria/Europe, VOIP-blackboxes
often need a so called "0-patch" applied before they work correctly in
this country. The problem that was solved by this "patch" sounds very
similar to what I have.

So my question to you all are actually twofold:

1) can I force * to NOT process a stray digit after the Goto command
in e.g. exten 27?
2) do any of you actually know what is so special about the Austrian
telephony system and what can be done to make asterisk behave nicely
even here?

Any info & pointers are greatly appreciated. Honestly :)

--
best,

Bernie