[Asterisk-Users] IAXphone -> ip address -> extension number.

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Jul 8 13:07:56 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>I still think it's a ztdummy issue - is that also needed with SIP?
>>

>Zaptel timing (eg, ztdummy) isn't needed for iax or sip. Its only
>needed on a couple of application items like the meetme, etc, which
>are documented on the wiki.

You're quite right about SIP not needing zaptel timing (not sure why I
asked above as I did know that) but IAX is complaining about timing
(during asterisk load) and, I could be mistaken, but I'm sure I saw
somewhere that IAX needs the timing stuff.

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/agents.conf': Found
 [chan_iax2.so] => (Inter Asterisk eXchange (Ver 2))
Jul  8 21:09:11 WARNING[8096]: chan_iax2.c:7477 load_module: *Unable to
open IAX timing interface:* No such file or directory
  == Manager registered action IAXpeers
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/iax.conf': Found
  == Registered channel type 'IAX2' (Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2))
  == Using TOS bits 0
  == IAX Ready and Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 4569
  == Loaded firmware 'iaxy.bin'
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/iaxprov.conf': Found
    -- Loaded provisioning template 'default'
 [chan_local.so] => (Local Proxy Channel)

But, let's kill this damn registration issue - I'll do what you asked
(rebooting thephone) and send the cut&paste in a few minutes.

Cheers,
Zoltan