[Asterisk-Users] Dial 9 to PBX to PSTN pattern question

Bill Wesson plug at thenoc.com
Fri Jul 8 10:58:17 MST 2005

My question: How do I configure AAH via AMP to make a connection through our
legacy PBX to the PSTN?

Details:
We're trying out Asterisk through Asterisk @ Home.

Our legacy PBX has a modem type dial tone port that we hooked a Digium FXO
to.

Now I can dial from the XTEN client on my computer to any legacy PBX
extension.

If I connect a regular phone to the modem dial tone port, I can dial 9 to
get an outside line.

Replacing the phone line back to the Digium FXO port, I cannot dial 9 and
the phone number to route my call to the PSTN through the legacy PBX.

Looking at the AMP (Asterisk Management Portal)=>Outbound Route, I have two
routes created:
PBX=>to several legacy PBX extensions: 250, 270, 280 (these are the dial
patterns)
9_outside=>to the default dial pattern included with AAH: 9|. (that is the
sole dial pattern)

I wonder if the digits get dialed too fast to connect to the PSTN? Can I put
a pause in somehow?

I can see that Asterisk does grab the outside line.
When I dial, I get the following message, which I think is coming from the
PSTN:
"We're sorry your call did not go through, Will you please hang up and try
your call again. This is a recording."
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
--Bill