[Asterisk-Users] Unknown numebrs to a context/extension

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 8 07:25:10 MST 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 09:37, Matt wrote:
> What do I need to do to route all incoming calls on unknown numbers to
> a certain context?  I know how to do the routing and setup the
> context... but what do I actually have to do?  Right now if I call a
> number on my PRI that is not setup in Asterisk I get a fast busy
> signal.. I'd like it to go to a recording instead... but how to make
> Asterisk answer any unknown number from pstn and direct it to a
> context/extension?

I thought that recent CVS HEAD actually fixed this.

if an 'i' extension exists in the context the PRI dumps in to, you end up
there.  If not, zaptel sends back the correct IE which lets the telco handle
it.

Failing that, I did this:

exten => 1234567,1,Blah
exten => 1234568,1,Blah
exten => 1234569,1,Blah
exten => 1234570,1,Blah
exten => _XXXXXXX,1,do_invalid_#_stuff_here

(I have 7 digits appear on my PRI)

-A.