[Asterisk-Users] Re: Snom phones - any advice

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Jul 8 05:17:17 MST 2005

Hi Patrick -

>>> We are about to buy several Snom phones.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have warnings or advices against these phones ?
>>>
>>> Our finalists were Cisco, Polycom and Snom.
>>>
>>> We will be using only the SIP protocol.

One particularly weird behavior on the Snom phones - When the phone
is either 1) off-hook without a call, or 2) on-hook and ringing, if
another call comes into the phone, it will tell asterisk it is busy.
Most other phones in this case will roll the second call over to the
next available line, but Snom phones will give a busy message back to
asterisk.  I went crazy with my configs trying to figure out how to
stop this, but Snom has said that this behavior is intentional.  I
don't know why.

- Noah