[Asterisk-Users] Attended transfer works for caller, not for callee

Younger Wang younger.wang at 42networks.com
Fri Jul 8 00:27:36 MST 2005

Hi,

I found the reason. Asterisk did not recognize DTMF-event because my SIP
phone sent DTMF-event with wrong rtp payload type. In short, Asterisk is
not guilty.

When the SIP phone calls, it will advertise RTP payload type 96 for
DTMF-Event; Asterisk answers with 96 and expects 96. So everything is
OK.

When the SIP phone is called, Asterisk advertises RTP payload type 101
for DTMF-Event; my SIP phone answers with 96. Asterisk expects 101, but
my SIP phone sends DTMF-event with RTP payload type 96. Asterisk
complains “unknown rtp payload type 96”.

My college will fix the phone. Before they start, I changed Asterisk
instead. Now Asterisk takes 96 as the default value and everything is
OK.

BR
Younger Wang