[Asterisk-Users] Announce incoming callerID via paging/intercom?

EddyG asterisk-users at eddyg.promessage.com
Thu Jul 7 14:56:46 MST 2005

Greetings!

I was wondering if it is possible (using something like a group of
Sipura SPA-841 IP phones) to have * announce information about the
calling party via the SPA-841's speaker to a selected set of
extensions that aren't set to "Do Not Disturb"... i.e., have * say the
number, or perhaps have Festival speak the name, etc.

If so, any hints and tips on how you'd go about configuring this?

I have some old Northern Telecom POTS phones (9516CW's) that do this
and it is a pretty useful feature...

Thanks!
Eddy