[Asterisk-Users] Re: Braodvoice - UK Non Geographic Numbers

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Jul 7 13:07:06 MST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 20:42, Mark Phillips wrote:
> My take on this is that they are protecting themselves against fraud.
>
> Discounting the freefone numbers for a while, the "national rate"
> numbers are charged at variying rates and so how is a company to know
> just what they are gonna get charged.

In the UK, the charging bands for each band of numbers is publically available
information - the service provider can know accurately what they will be
billed for each charge band.

i.e.
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Call_Charges.boo/16321.htm

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Call_Charges.boo/00165.htm

Of course these are BT retail rates but I fully expect wholesale rates based
on call prefix will be available for carriers / ITSP

Cheers,
Gavin.