[Asterisk-Users] Long Distance

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Jul 7 13:01:02 MST 2005

Don, you can do free calling from point a to point b over the internet
for free using either sip or iax.

So lets say you have a campus in LA and in NY, the only cost you will
incur making calls between the two (or transiting the network and
connecting to a NY number etc) is the cost of your internet bandwidth.

However don't let this discourage you, there are any other reasons to
move to an IP pabx, and many additional specific reasons for using
Asterisk.

Can I make a suggestion however in that whilst you could pick all of
this information over time a 300 extension project could benefit from
someone's expertise.

My suggestion is you post your location and then have consultants in
your area contact you with proposals.

Cheers,
Dean