[Asterisk-Users] Braodvoice - UK Non Geographic Numbers

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 7 11:53:50 MST 2005

its not you, its their false advertising that makes you think you can
dial these (after all their rates page *still* claims they provide
service and that its unlimited based on plan).

There are threads on voxilla.com in the broadvoice forums, which have
chat logs between me and the CTO nathan stratton, along with a slew of
phone numbers of people at broadvoice (managers and such).

Basically Nathan said they found a UK provider to terminate these calls
and then nothing ever happened, he did give me a credit on my account
becuase I was unable to call, something I am going to have to get again
since I still havent been able to call and NCFA/LCFA/FREE were the
reasons I choose broadvoice vs someone else.

There is also an interesting thread there on the ownership structure of
broadvoice, and how broadvoice is a registered trademark of broadcomm
being used without permission by broadvoice.com.

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 14:38 -0400, Russell Horn wrote:
> Since May 05 I have been unable to call any non-geographic number in
> the UK via Broadvoice. Thse are numbers such as the 0800 range (free
> to call) 087xx (local / national rate calls). Broadvoice support have
> been unhelpful, and can't say if there's any intention to fix this. A
> case has been upen since May 24 without any updates.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone else spoken to
> broadvoice about it? Did you get any further? Is there any indication
> it might be resolved?
>
> The last customer rep I spoke to recommended I close my account if I
> need to dial these numbers - I'd prefer to keep my phone number, but
> if all else fails...

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378