[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE bandwidth and load

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Jul 7 11:24:30 MST 2005

Hello,

We've just started using TDMoE(local T1s connecting between Asterisk servers
in the same building over the LAN) to connect a few of our high-availability
servers instead of using crossover T1 cables. The 3 servers we have
connected to each other over TDMoE are running just fine and we have no
audio quality issues or bandwidth issues, but I'm considering using TDMoE to
connect 8 other servers to a main server and was wondering if a single
ethernet interface on the Main server can handle the load of 8 dynamic spans
connecting to it from other Asterisk servers.

Does anyone have any experience with using TDMoE to run 8 virtual T1s on a
single Ethernet port?

Thanks,

MATT---