[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.1

Thu Jul 7 06:04:06 MST 2005

> Our BIGGEST problem is that every single one of the 80 phones are on a
> direct connect T1. All are on qualify=10000 yet sometimes we get 'TOO
> LAGGED'. HTF can you get that kind of lag on a dedicated, direct
> conected T1?

Sounds more like a lost packet rather than lag...

Try a ping -c 1000 192.168.10.10 and see what the max ping time is, and
what the lost packets value is.

Also, if that is happening mostly at the same time of day, then it is
possible that you are sitting in some queue rather than being lost (I've
seen ping times exceeding 8 seconds on an DSL connection), if that is
the case, then you need to look at QoS.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev