[Asterisk-Users] disconnect with various codecs

valentyn at blub.net valentyn at blub.net
Thu Jul 7 05:01:29 MST 2005

Hello list,

I'm pretty new to Asterisk, but so far I managed to setup the server, added a
couple of mISDN channels (one TE, one NT), connected to a VOIP provider and
called out to the World :)

Now I started to play with codecs because I wanted to try the sound quality
of each of them,  and something weird happens. My setup is to check one
codec at a time, so I disallow all, then allow one. In iax.conf:

[general]
disallow=all
allow=ilbc

[channeldefs...]

Now when I try to call, the VOIP provider sets the connections through (i.e.
my phone is ringing), but once I lift the receiver, the VOIP provider hangs
up the connection:

mISDN---> Asterisk --> VOIP provider --> POTS ringing

Once I lift the POTS handset, the connection between VOIP provider and POTS
closes (so I only hear a busy tone).

What could be happening here?

Best regards,

Valentijn