[Asterisk-Users] app_conference and AGI

Jean-Hugues ROBERT jean_hugues_robert at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 02:59:31 MST 2005

At 15:21 06/07/2005 +0200, Tobias Wolf wrote:
>Hi,
>i was successful in compiling app_conference and setting up an conference
>was quite easy. :-)
>Does anyone knows if it is possible to have an IVR accessable from inside
>the conference. So, if i dialed into an conference i want to be able to
>press '*' and then the actual discussion is muted for me and i and menu is
>read to me. Something like the ${MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND} in MeetMe.
>Thx in advance :)
>Tobias Wolf

Looking at apps/app_meetme.c, I saw that there is a POUNDEXIT option
that when set will kick a user when she hits #, you use 'p' as an option
when invoking Meetme in the dial plan.

There is another option, STARMENU, that enables an admin menu when user
hits * ('s' option)

I guess that you could either change your mind and use # or patch
app_meetme to accept both # and * (when STARMENU is not enable) or
patch app_meetme to inverse the roles of # and *. Ideally you want both
DTMFs to be configurable instead of hard coded, but that's another story.

Once you get what you want there, i.e. the ability to leave the conference,
you will handle the IVR in the dialplan I suppose. When done, you get back
to the conference room in meetme (assuming you tracked it).

But... what is wrong with MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND ? (besides the fact
that unfortunately it does not work for SIP channels due to the mixing
not being done in the zaptel driver but app_meetme itself, sort of, AFAIK).

Hope this helps,

Yours,

   JeanHuguesRobert