[Asterisk-Users] Re: TDM04B problems

Elwin Andriol elwin at heuveltop.nl
Wed Jul 6 14:21:58 MST 2005

Andrew Sayman wrote:

>Elwin Andriol wrote:
>

>>Don't know if this will help you any further, but. After some trouble
>>with IRQ sharing mayhem we solved our little problem by tinkering the
>>linux kernel. I forgot the names of the actual modules, but after
>>disabling modules for APIC support and something about IRQ sharing or
>>APIC-IO or such, we effectively disables the APIC from handling IRQ's.
>>I'm not so sure that disabling the APIC only from the BIOS setup will
>>do it (it did not in our 'MSI'-case). We had to disble the APIC from
>>within the BIOS setup also, otherwise our system crashed at boot.
>>After doing so our /proc/interrupt didn't show any 'IO-APIC-level' and
>>'IO-APIC-edge' containing lines but only 'XT-PIC' containing lines.
>>After that, our TDM04B allways got it's own IRQ and the mayhem never
>>returned.
>>
>>If you're in real nead of those module names, let me know. I've got
>>some notes somewhere at the bottom of the 3 feet tall pile besides my
>>desk that says 'To be examned further someday'
>>

>The /proc/interrupts interface is already showing everything as being
>assigned by "XT-PIC". I'll see what I can do with the kernel config
>looking around at what you've suggested. Hopefully I won't need to ask
>you to dig through your pile.

Wouldn't have minded for a need to clean up a little. But if
/proc/interrupts already tells you 'XT-PIC', you're allready in the
green zone as far as the problems we had are concerned. No need for
kernel thinkering on that part.

HeuvelTop ICT Diensten v.o.f.
Elwin Andriol              tel: +31 65 08 138 91
Utrecht, Nederland         fax: +31 30 602 22 71

"There are management solutions to technical problems,
but no technical solutions to management problems"