[Asterisk-Users] Users handbook

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Jul 6 09:41:17 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hey, "compile" is what computers do, not humans. :-)
>
> Is there any existing program that could either from /etc/asterisk or
> using the manager interface figure out enough about the asterisk
> configuration to generate such a manual (using some templating engine)?

I've often thought it would be nice to have a program that takes all the
extensions asks a question about which zap are extensions and which are
lines, whihc are your trunks etc and then compiles a 1 page extension list.

Even just for myself this would be usefull as I have totally run out of
numbering space on one of my dev machines and often move around/rename
extensions.

The idea would be to do a show dialplan via the manager and parse it for
various applications/dial lines.  Obviously the applications would be
easy to do, but the dial lines would require user interaction.

I guess you would also need some way to set the perspective from which
it is viewed.  I.E. Looking from the internal context you would have
available X.  I don't think people would need a list of the IVR numbers
etc from outside, although if you could select a start context you could
do this too.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell