[Asterisk-Users] Crash without "make valgrind"

Benjamin Lawetz blawetz at teliphone.ca
Wed Jul 6 08:44:34 MST 2005

I'm having a little problem. I have a dial-plan with a lot of SetVar's and
loops, and under certain circumstances (reproducible) it makes asterisk
crash. Wanting to debug this, I compiled using "make valgrind". But doing
so, I eliminated the crashes and the dial-plan works perfectly.

Now from what I understand, valgrind removes compiler optimisation to ease
debugging. What kind of optimisation does it remove? Anybody know what could
be happening to have a crashwith a standard make and not have it with
valgrind?

My original setup was a asterisk-1.0.7 emerged on gentoo. Tried updating to
the 1.0.8 ebuild, and then tried the tarball for 1.0.9 on a 2.6.11 kernel.

Thanks for your help

--
Benjamin