[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940 + sccp issue

stevanus step-one-too at bdg.centrin.net.id
Wed Jul 6 02:04:29 MST 2005

Stefan Gofferje wrote:

"If the phone just requests CTLSEPxxx.tlv and nothing else, it either have
been used on a CallManager with authentication / encryption enabled and is
now security locked because the asterisk does not provide the proper
tlv-file or the firmware is corrupted. Try to reset to factory settings. if
this does not help, try to reflash the firmware. "

Hi,

I've unlocked the phone by pressing **# and set it back to factory
setting. But the problem still exists. Do I really need to reflash the
phone?

Sorry just wanna assure myself that the action is necessary in order to
make my 7940 talk with asterisk using sccp. I had bad experiences in
flashing devices therefore I want to avoid this as much as possible :).

Best regards,

Stevanus