[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940 + sccp issue

Sergio Chersovani mlists at c-net.it
Wed Jul 6 00:29:21 MST 2005

stevanus ha scritto:

> Does anyone know how to make this thing (7940) work with asterisk
> (chan_sccp module) ?
> I've set the configuration according to the wiki and now the phone
> just keep asking for CTLSEP<xxx>.tlv from my tftp server.

Update the skinny firmware.
The phone has to look for SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml from the tftp server

The SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml looks like it. LoadInformation tag is useful to
update the phone firmware. Just put the name of the new firmware there
with no extension

<device>
<devicePool>
 <callManagerGroup>
  <members>
   <member  priority="0">
    <callManager>
     <ports>
      <ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
     </ports>
     <processNodeName>YOUR_ASTERISK_BOX_IP</processNodeName>
    </callManager>
   </member>
  </members>
 </callManagerGroup>
</devicePool>
<versionStamp>{Jan 01 2002 00:00:00}</versionStamp>
<loadInformation></loadInformation>
<userLocale>
 <name></name>
 <langCode></langCode>