[Asterisk-Users] Re: TDM04B problems

Elwin Andriol elwin at heuveltop.nl
Tue Jul 5 23:48:36 MST 2005

Andrew Sayman wrote:

>Noah Miller wrote:
>

>>Depending on your BIOS and motherboard, you may be able to use
>>another IRQ if you move the card to a different PCI slot.
>>

>>- Noah
>>

>This is a computer meant to be rack-mounted that I'm trying to install
>this on. I certainly don't see any space for another PCI slot, so I
>don't think that solution is going to work.

Don't know if this will help you any further, but. After some trouble
with IRQ sharing mayhem we solved our little problem by tinkering the
linux kernel. I forgot the names of the actual modules, but after
disabling modules for APIC support and something about IRQ sharing or
APIC-IO or such, we effectively disables the APIC from handling IRQ's.
I'm not so sure that disabling the APIC only from the BIOS setup will do
it (it did not in our 'MSI'-case). We had to disble the APIC from within
the BIOS setup also, otherwise our system crashed at boot. After doing
so our /proc/interrupt didn't show any 'IO-APIC-level' and
'IO-APIC-edge' containing lines but only 'XT-PIC' containing lines.
After that, our TDM04B allways got it's own IRQ and the mayhem never
returned.

If you're in real nead of those module names, let me know. I've got some
notes somewhere at the bottom of the 3 feet tall pile besides my desk
that says 'To be examned further someday'