[Asterisk-Users] Hardware sizing

Senad J senad at bicom.us
Tue Jul 5 13:05:11 MST 2005

> Hi all,
>
> I need some help/guidance on writing the specs needed on a project
> that will be scaling up to 10,000 users.
>
> I will have some T1's to provide PSTN connectivity, and all the users
> will be SIP and/or H323 phones. Services offered will include
> conferences, voicemail (20 megs per users), etc
>
> Should I use SER in front of asterisk to handle the SIP load ?
>
> I think I should put the voicemail server and conference server each
> on a seperate box.
>
> What kind of hardware would be preferred ?  dual-Xeon or Quad Xeon ?
>
> What about redundancy ?
>
> What solutions can I look into for this ?
>
> Any help appreciated. Any link and/or documentation.
>
> I search with google but didn't find relevant informations. Maybe I
> just didn't put the right terms in the search box.

We are deploying 10,000 cluster node for an ITSP start up in Las Vegas next
week.
Folowing the installation, on the 22nd July we are presenting our
SWITCHware and Telco in BOX products in local hotel.

Telco in a BOX is combination of SER/asterisk/media proxy/  and a number
of custom applications we wrote (SWITCHware, CRM, CMS, Products and Services
database, Billing, Accounts management etc..)

All interested parties should send an email to:
lasvegas at bicomsystems dot com

Senad