[Asterisk-Users] Did the Broadvoice patch break asterisk ?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Jul 5 12:11:34 MST 2005

Tracy Ingram wrote:

> Probably, but the digium bug board states that the inability of
> asterisk to READ the information from a second SIP call from the same
> provider on a diferent account and instead to rely on the CACHED info
> from the first inbound call is the way it works and to alter that is a
> FEATURE request.
>
> So to expect it to ACCURATELY identify and use available inbound SIP
> header info is not in the design intent of the product and to expect
> it actually use the DATA it is provided is a FEATURE request.
>
> If I called Nortel and told them all my lines ring the same phone and
> have the same feature capability based on the first line that rang in
> following a reboot and they told me that to do otherwise is a FEATURE
> request, well, that would never happen because that is a REAL phone
> system created by people that UNDERSTAND phone systems.
>
> <>I''m sure Asterisk is wonderful, but it aint gonna replace the
> corporate pbx with ludicrous bug analysis and support responses like this.

Amen!!

The original Asterisk designer(s)  seem to have had only a limited users
exposure to telephony, and are unable or unwilling to correct some of
the rather basic flaws in certain areas, including the one mentioned
above as well as the POTS interface flaws that seem to come up quite
often on this list.

John Novack