[Asterisk-Users] app_conference, CVS HEAD, SIP and Xen

Lee Azzarello lee.azzarello at ps-solved.com
Tue Jul 5 11:44:25 MST 2005

I have Asterisk running in Xen virtual machines. Unfortunately, this
kind of virtualization makes a real time clock impossible, which in turn
makes ztdummy or a Zaptel driver impossible to load, which also makes
MeetMe conferences impossible.

As an alternative, I have downloaded, patched, compiled and installed
the app_conference source code against the headers in Asterisk CVS HEAD.

I can load the module into Asterisk and even connect to a conference
channel with two phones. But each phone cannot send audio to each other.
They just connect and go silent.

Is this the current state of app_conferences development? I have read
few comments online that sound like some people are using app_conference
with sound.

--
Lee Azzarello
Network Engineer