[Asterisk-Users] Equipment for small office setup

Tue Jul 5 08:02:25 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 16:04 -0400, Tom Hayden wrote:
> For a small office setting, i've found the Polycom IP600 works great.
> Our receptionist usually transfers 90% of her calls to about 5
> employees, and the status (buddy watch) feature works great with *
> (using hint).  She can see who is active at any given time.
> Obviously, it's only limited to 5 max status lines, although the Buddy
> List feature can show more.

Do you have details on how this works?? I've only ever seen people
reporting success with snom phones?

What sip firmware on the phones?
What in the asterisk sip.cfg?
what in the asterisk extensions.conf?
what in the phones phone.cfg
what in the phones sip.cfg ?

I would love to be able to support/use this.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev