[Asterisk-Users] voicemail.conf overwritten

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Tue Jul 5 06:53:46 MST 2005

I'm trying to set up a base * configuration in a version control system.

I have nearly all the system-specific configuration pulled out into a
subdirectory so that /etc/asterisk is very generic and I can copy it into
another system when I create it.

The only stickler is voicemail.conf.

Includes within voicemail.conf will work, but when a user changes their
password, * cannot put the change into the included file and a restart would
wipe out password changes.

I tried using symlinks and hard links and it appears that when a user changes
their VM password, the file is deleted and rewritten.  Those semantics defeat
both types of links.

I will have to ponder this issue for a bit.  If anyone has suggestions, please
offer them.  If I come up with a solution transparent to the revision control
system (subversion), I will report back to the list.

Thank you.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.