[SPAM:***** SpamScore] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Call Transfer using SIP clients

Frank Schoep frank at tintel.nl
Mon Jul 4 23:56:48 MST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 16:47, Elwin Andriol wrote:
> I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but at least I can
> confirm problems with transfering calls with SIP agents. A little while
> ago we were having big problems getting transfers using DTMF to work.
>
> In that particular situation we were using a mix of only "hard" SIP
> devices (BT101's and Elmeg/Snom190's) and ZAP channels. We tried both
> the stable version of asterisk and the CVS HEAD, but without results
> (but negative). In the end, we solved the problem by not using DTMF
> transfers at all, but by using the transfer capabilities of the SIP
> devices themselves (transfer for and hold buttons). These buttons did
> not appear to work (correctly) with the stable asterisk version we
> initially used (1.0.7), but with the CVS HEAD (> 29-MAY-2005) they
> appear to work just fine.
>
> I'm not familiar with "soft" SIP agents, so I don't know if the ones you
> use have such build-in transfer capabilities as their hardware
> counterparts like the BT101's and Snom190's have. I they do, you might
> wan't to give it a try. This is of course rather a workaround than a
> solution to your problem.
>
> E. Andriol

The X-Lite softphone does indeed have a "Transfer" and "Hold" in the
interface, but the functionality of those buttons appears to have been
disabled when the client is connected and registered on the Asterisk server.
Pressing the on-screen buttons doesn't have any effect while either having a
call or while idle.

Related to client-side transferring: I set the "canreinvite" option in the SIP
configuration to "no" because both clients are behind a NAT / firewall and I
read in the documentation that you'd want to disable the "canreinvite" option
in those situations. I haven't had any trouble because of this, as I stated
earlier calling and talking is working without hitches.

I haven't had the chance to try hardware phones yet, the testing I'm doing at
the moment involves softphones only. Now that I think of it, I'll try to
setup other applications again which might send DTMFs in a different form
compared to X-Lite.

In the meantime thanks in advance to everyone involved in this thread now and
in the future.

Sincerely,

Frank