[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk 1.0.9 and FreeTDS

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 12:45:05 MST 2005

In article <20050704165904.2B8E52FC0FE at lists.digium.com>,
Remzi Semsettin Turer <remzit at softcom.biz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a working 1.0.7 installation and it is recording CDR to mysql. I am
> using FreeTDS on the system currently to access our MS SQL 2000 server for
> account verification, we may use it to store CDR records there in the
> future.
>
> I have decided to update the installation to 1.0.9. However, during "make",
> I receive:
>
> [...various errors...]
>
> I checked the version of FreeTDS, it is freetds v0.64.dev.20050704. (upon
> seeing on another post checking version of FreeTDS, I updated it to the most
> recent one)
>
> I checked, tds.h exists in /usr/local/include. Any ideas what is causing the
> error?

Updating FreeTDS was the problem.

The following text is from asterisk/doc/README.tds:

PLEASE NOTE

The cdr_tds module is NOT compatible with version 0.63 of FreeTDS.

The cdr_tds module is known to work with FreeTDS version 0.62.1;
it should also work with 0.62.2, 0.62.3 and 0.62.4, which are bug
fix releases.

The cdr_tds module uses the raw "libtds" API of FreeTDS. It appears
that from 0.63 onwards, this is not considered a published API
of FreeTDS and is subject to change without notice.

Between 0.62.x and 0.63 of FreeTDS, many incompatible changes
have been made to the libtds API.

For newer versions of FreeTDS, it is recommended that you use the
ODBC driver.

You will either have to downgrade to 0.62.x of FreeTDS or change to ODBC.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield