[Asterisk-Users] spandsp fax out fails

David Romero romdav at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:38:16 MST 2005

on spamdsp page found this

It seems possible for the libtiff library to fall over when handling some
bad TIFF files. If spandsp is being used with Asterisk, this might bring the
entire PBX down. So far only one person has reported this. Recent security
update patches for libtiff 3.5.7, 3.6.0, and 3.6.1 hopefully correct this
problem.

verify your libtiff version.

On 7/1/05, Bob Goddard <asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> On Friday 01 Jul 2005 00:17, David Romero wrote:
> > Are you sharing the IRQ of the zap card whit other device?
> > some times when the zap card share IRQ whit other device spansdp fail.
>
> Turned out that while a fax may be a tiff file, it does not mean that
> a tiff file is a fax. The size of the generated tiff file was wrong.
>
> Interestingly though, when I try to fax out the PRI to one of our
> own DDI's, that to say it come back in on the PRI, the fax software
> just sits there looking stupid!
>
> > On 6/30/05, Bob Goddard <asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> > > I've a stock RH9 system with spandsp 0.18. Faxing out over a PRI to a
> > > USRobotics modem on a stock Suse9.3 system with hylafax fails with the
> > > following errors in the hylafax logs:
> > >
> > > Jun 30 19:28:53.23: [ 608]: RECV/CQ: Bad 1D pixel count, row 0, got
> 595,
> > > expected 1728
> > > Jun 30 19:28:53.23: [ 608]: RECV/CQ: Bad 1D pixel count, row 1, got
> 595,
> > > expected 1728
> > > Jun 30 19:28:53.23: [ 608]: RECV/CQ: Bad 1D pixel count, row 2, got
> 595,
> > > expected 1728
> > > etc...
> > >
> > > I'm using the following call file as a test:
> > >
> > > Channel: Zap/g1/XXXXXXXXXX
> > > MaxRetries: 0
> > > WaitTime: 20
> > > Application: txfax
> > > Data: /root/t.tif|caller
> > >

> > > The * console does not give any useful info even when the verbose
> > > setting is on max.
> > >
> > > The tiff file in question does not seem to be a problem is it is a
> > > 2 page file which is viewable just fine with xv.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any clue as to what is wrong? It fails even if I
> > > set it up such that it dials out then back in on itself.

David Romero