[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail => SMS

Mark Charlton mcwebtree at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:02:26 MST 2005

On 7/1/05, Mark Charlton <mcwebtree at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/1/05, Wilson Pickett <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have been trying for a while to find a way to get an SMS send when I
> > > receive a voicemail into my asterisk system.  I don't want to send an
> > > SMS if the caller doesn't leave a message.  I have voicemail.conf set
> > > up to email and delete.
> >
> I have been fighting with the Bayham Systems FastSMS AGI script, and I
> re-wrote it as a stand alone Perl script.  I am now calling it with
> the EXTERNNOTIFY option in the voicemail.conf file.  It gets passed
> the context, extension and number of messages which I build into a
> text, and since they all go to the same location its no problem.  I'm
> planning on using the extension info to open the mailbox, and read the
> text file for the latest message to pull out the caller for the text.
> I might also have an extension map in a text file so I can look up who
> to notify about a VM.

I thought I had this one fixed, but now it doesn't seem to work.  The
solution worked for a day and sent the sms messages as voicemails came
in. After that it didn't trigger the sms script at all.  I can run it
manually no problem, and the emails are still being sent for the
voicemail.  I updated asterisk to Asterisk
CVS-Nv1-0-9-07/03/05-16:25:44, but the symptoms persist.  Is there
anyway I can debug the externnotify command?  It doesn't repot
anything to the CLI.  I have tried writing to a log file in the
script, but its not getting that far.  I don't recall changing
anything once I got it working.  I didn't upgrade * until yesterday
when it had been playing up for a few days.

Any suggestions.

Thanks agian
Mark