[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Intel Blade Machine...

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at ritstele.com
Mon Jul 4 05:15:36 MST 2005

Nahid Hossain wrote:

> I would like to use Intel Blade machine for running Asterisk. Is
> there anyone who already use Intel Blade server for running
> Asterisk? Can you please explain, how perform Asterisk with Intel
> Blade machine?

We've had Asterisk running on a blade for some time. Blades as
such can be used but with a couple of restrictions:
- There's probably no room for PCI cards, so no zap hardware
- Check the kind of USB supported on the board (UHCI vs OHCI,
  for ztdummy support, see wiki)

For some reasons we've moved away (non blade related) from the
blades, but not because blades don't work. We really liked them.

--
Andreas Sikkema                Rits tele.com
Van Vollenhovenstraat 3    3016 BE Rotterdam