[Asterisk-Users] mgcp fon behind NAT gw

Mathias Röhl mathias.roehl at funkwerk-ec.com
Mon Jul 4 04:40:58 MST 2005

Hi

I've a mgcp fon (swissvoice IP10s) behind a NAT router. Configured is
NAT for both in/out going on port 2427. Now I got the following mgcp
debug messages when i try "mgcp audit endpoint <endpoint>"

----------------------------------

from 172.16.98.57:2427
Verb: 'RSIP', Identifier: '5346', Endpoint: 'aaln/1@[192.168.2.3]',
Version: 'MGCP 1.0'
2 headers, 0 lines
Retransmitting:
200 5346 OK

 to 192.168.2.3:2427
MGCP read:
RSIP 5346 aaln/1@[192.168.2.3] MGCP 1.0 NCS 1.0
RM: restart

-----------------------------

IMHO means 200 everything ok. But what means the "RM: restart" ? For me
it look's like the asterisk knows the NAT gw and also the EP. But the EP
can't find the Call Agent. It's clear at the display. "waiting for call
agent..."
the mgcp.conf looks like this

------------------------------
[192.168.2.3]
;router als RGW
context=default
host=192.168.2.3
nat=yes
line => aaln/1
callerid=1423

port 2427 is bound. Directly connected via switch there's no problem.
May be anyone have some hints or tipps...

thx in advance

regards

mathias roehl