[Asterisk-Users] 12 seat call centre with Asterisk, VoIP only, UK - possible?

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 17:37:55 MST 2005

Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> I've had an inquiry for a small UK call centre, mostly outbound calls.
> I get the impression they
> are mainly calling 3G mobile phones, monthly phone bill, with calls is
> approx £5,000 for several
> feature lines.
>
> How feasible is something like this with asterisk?
>
> I guess one big question is which type of circuit to use, ADSL in the
> UK is only 256kbs upstream,
> some providers do bonding but I'm not sure its supported fully by BT :(
> The other option is SDSL which is not too cheap!

If most calls are to mobiles on *known* networks (and I know it may be
difficult to work out which network a number is on, so this may not work
for you ...) might it not be cheaper to get hold of a 3G gateway and
route at least some of your calls directly over the relevant mblie network ?

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.ok
argv[0] limited
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127