[Asterisk-Users] grandstream sip phone to analog not working

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 3 07:25:28 MST 2005

> Ive got 3 analog phones and 2 grandstream sip phones working with
> asterisk, the problem is that although the analog phones can talk to
> each other and the sip phones can talk to each other the two types dont
> seem to be able to cross communicate.
> It looks as though the SIP phones are set to connect directly, and are
> failing to do so.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  is there a work around?

Lots of people have systems working with the above plus a lot more.

Your problem is very likely related to not understanding the configuration
necessary to accomplish the goal.

No one is going to be able to even suggest anything if you don't show
us the appropriate pieces of your *.conf files. Since you haven't told
us how you connected the analog phones to asterisk, we can't even tell
you which *.conf files are needed.

Taking a guess, show us the sip.conf entries for the devices you're
trying to use, extensions.conf, and if you're using the TDM card then
the zapata.conf pieces used to define the analog phones.