[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Asterisk Balancing solution]

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Jul 3 04:19:24 MST 2005

Dear All,

I read your notes and was very glad, it was a healthy and useful debate,
I have set my mind on implementing Realtime for sipusers and peers with
mysql database and either use the Mysql replication process or mount the
database on both servers.

I will write a document of this trial and post it when I finish it out,
but during research I found this link and before anything it says that
realtime will not work with Asterisk 1.0.7 is that true cause that's
what I am using, the second thing was in the extconfig file, can i do
something like this sip.conf => mysql,mysqlserver:asteriskdatabase,table

Sorry for being late but I was off the last two days due to sickness.

Thx
MAG

Michiel van Baak wrote:

> On 15:21, Thu 30 Jun 05, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> > I can only think of 2 ways to proceed:
> >
> > 1) Set a shorter register interval
> > 2) Set static ip on all phones, and forgo registration
> >
> 2 should work.
> We have dynamic addresses on our local net, but the dhcp
> server gives an address for 30 days to the phones.
> I did setup the host=dynamic and
> defaultip=phone.ip.address.with.first.reg
>
> This allows me to place calls to no longer registered phones
> (specially the GS BT 100 looses registration lots of times)
>
> Maybe this is of any help

Thx
MAG