[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as Media Gateway (was: ATT CallVantage & Asterisk

Noah Swint nswint at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 01:03:10 MST 2005

I am interested.  I'm using Callvantage and Centillium TA.  I'm also  using
Asterisk with a X100P Card.  Eventually I want to replace this with my
Linksys NSLU2.  I'm having mystery power issues with my linux server.
Currently I have calls from soft and ip phones going to asterisk then out to
the ta fxo to fxs. Regular pots phones go to a telephone distribution panel
with the Centillium bringing service to line one.  I'm interested in using
the MGCP  hopefully to be able to use sip outside of my lan.

Edwin Horton edhorton at navcorp.com  wrote:

I noticed that there is some interest in MGCP slave operation for Asterisk
to enable it to work with the AT&T Callvantage offering.  I have tried the
FXS/FXO connection to Asterisk and the Linksys TA with little success.
Dropped calls are the biggest problem, which does not occur when the phone
is directly connected to the TA.  Anyway, I am very interested in working on
this project if others are still interested.

Ed Horton