[Asterisk-Users] IAX DTMF Problem...

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:56:48 MST 2005

Thanks guys - appreciate the comments. I understand that IAX does not
support inband dtmf, but I still can't fathom why 9 times out of 10 my * box
is ignoring DTMF's even though they are showing up in the IAX2 protocol
debug output. The really annoying thing is that I can't consistently
reproduce the issue - every now and again it just works. I have logged a bug
004631 and will see what happens from here.
 cheers,
 Mark

 On 7/3/05, Mohit Muthanna <mohit.muthanna at gmail.com> wrote:

> > From what I understand, that is one of the reasons with SIP inband
> > doesn't mix well with any codec other than G.711.
>
> I believe it's just the ulaw/alaw PCM codecs that allow inband DTMF
> for SIP. Anything else will just chew it up.
>
> Mohit.

regards,

Mark P. Edwards
FWD: 667917