[Asterisk-Users] What to use h323 or oh323 ???

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Jul 2 12:50:48 MST 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 09:13:47AM -0700, Adeel -31 wrote:
> I m new to asterisk n i've got an IP phone that supports h323 protocol....
> but i dont know how to configure asterisk to use it...

There are currently a number of options for h323 support:

- The original chan_h323 . Works only with HEAD. Requires some specific
  version of openh323 and pwlib

- chan_oh323 . There is a certain version that works with Stable (and it
  should be availble in Debian debs). Another one in HEAD. Requires
  it's own specific version of the monster (openh323 and pwlib, IIRC)

- chan_ooh323c . A new h323 stack. Does not require the monster. However
  it is probably the least tested of all options

- chan_woomra: an attempt to hide the monster. Still requires openh323
  and pwlib and something called opal on top of it, but all asterisk
  sees is a simple wrapper that talkes to that server through a
  pipe/socket. Should work with both HEAD and stable.