[Asterisk-Users] Problems loading asterisk .

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sat Jul 2 05:38:19 MST 2005

Bharat M. Sarvan wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have made a application of my own. (I.e. Def ( )). I am able to
> compile the application successfully. And the .so file is created as
> well. But when I load asterisk I get the following error.
>

> [Def.so]Jul  1 19:20:06 WARNING[15664]: loader.c:295
> ast_load_resource: No key routine in module
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/Def.so

You need to return the Asterisk GPL Key, have a look at app_skel.c (if I
remember correctly).

I.E.:

char *key()
{
         return ASTERISK_GPL_KEY;
}

And from module.h:

#define ASTERISK_GPL_KEY \
"This paragraph is Copyright (C) 2000, Linux Support Services,
Inc. \
In order for your module to load, it must return this key via a function \
called \"key\". Any code which includes this paragraph must be licensed
under \
the GNU General Public License version 2 or later (at your option).
Linux \
Support Services, Inc. reserves the right to allow other parties to
license \
this paragraph under other terms as well."

(Sorry about the line wrapping)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell