[Asterisk-Users] asterisk showing more than once on ps

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 21:26:30 MST 2005

--- jjones at quiddesign.com wrote:

> Actually this is on an enterprise system - I have
> never seen more
> than one. Just checked now and there were several
> calls up and only
> one ps.
>

> On Jul 1, 2005, at 8:33 PM, Luki wrote:
>
> >> Do not know why, but have noticed redhat = 1, and
> debian = many
> >>
> > Not quite. RedHat Enterprise also = many at times,
> depending on number
> > of concurrent calls; usually one when idle. Maybe
> it has something to
> > do with kernel 2.4 vs 2.6 and how threads show up
> in ps.
> >
> > --Luki

What I've noticed (running the auto-start script on
White-Box Enterprise Linux ... basically the same as
RedHat Enterprise Linux of some vintage) is that when
the auto-start executes safe_asterisk, I see multiple
instances of asterisk under ps. However, if I use
"asterisk -r" to connect, then stop and restart
safe_asterisk manually, ps drops to showing exactly 1
instance of asterisk running.

For what it's worth ...
Maya