[Asterisk-Users] Visual ring notification

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 1 12:38:43 MST 2005

> I have put a pbx into a resort with Polyycom phones, everythign works
> great, except the kitchen staff cannot hear the phone ring. I know many
> legacy systems employ a big red flashing light, any ideas on doing
> something similar?

Several choices, some better then others.... ;)

- radio shack use to sell kits that sensed audio noices and tripped a
  relay. Install inside the phone and sense the ringer audio. Suspect
  similar kits sold by others.

- cheap ata with inexpensive rj11 radio shack ringer adapter, and sip/11&sip/22

- cheap ata with telco-style industrial horn

- modify sip phone electronics to add a relay closure (and lights) based
  on ringer signal