[Asterisk-Users] wi-fi phone advice

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Fri Jul 1 08:04:43 MST 2005

Robert - I suspect what they are doing is just trying to build "buzz"
and simply not mentioning the fine print here. There is no way, given
manufacturing and importation costs, that I can believe they can build a
solvient business offering around a $39 WLAN phone selling just the
hardware, that is just too low a price point.

If this ever does come to market, it will be tied to a service contract,
essentially a locked unit that can only be used with their affiliated
providers. That would be the only way for them to recoup the device cost
is through service revenues. Unless you want to resell their service, I
don't see much here to get excited about.

Cory Andrews
Purchasing / EVP
VOIPSupply.com
v – 716.630.1555 X22