[Asterisk-Users] Ambient MD 3200 (X100P Clone)

Sandy Thomson sandy at jedimasters.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 07:39:43 MST 2005

f6hqz-m at wanadoo.fr wrote:

>Hi men,
>
>If you unplug a telephone line behind X100P/X101P, you must have an alarm
>about this Zaptel device on the Asterisk console.
>When you plug the line, you can see alarm stop on a new line (I don't
>remember the exact message).
>Very nice test.
>
>Best Regards,
>Francois BERGERET,
>France.

Thanks for all your replies guys.
After literally weeks of fiddling with this stuff, I have realised what
the problem is. The cable I was using, was wired to the two outer pins
rather than the two inner pins (or all 4 pins).
The other cable I had tried didn't work either. The main cable I was
testing with worked with a normal telephone which was really strange.

Anyway, the moral of the story is test your lines and cables before
blaming asterisk/zaptel! :-)

Sandy.