[Asterisk-Users] Catch Autodial failure

Chris Douglas cdouglas at securustech.net
Fri Jul 1 07:19:13 MST 2005

Hello,
   I am using asterisk to autodial a phone number once an hour to verify
an answering IVR script is working by listening for a beep played by the
IVR, and that is working well.  The one thing I have not been able to
find is a way to trap if the call didn't connect at all, like if the
entire IVR is down or the phone line is dead, since it doesnt enter the
menu until the call is connected.

Here is my dialout script that gets dumped into outgoing.  Is there a
way to tell it to run a script if it fails to connect?

Channel: SIP/9725551212 at 10.0.0.1
<BLOCKED::mailto:SIP/9725551212 at 10.0.0.1>
Callerid: 1000
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 15