[Asterisk-Users] Ambient MD 3200 (X100P Clone)

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Jul 1 06:54:33 MST 2005

Sandy Thomson wrote:

>Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:36:31AM +0100, Sandy Thomson wrote:
>>

>>>Has anyone had any success with this card?
>>>Thank you.
>>>

>>There are a number of cards based on that chipset. I've had success with
>>one here, FWIW.
>>

>Thanks, I assume these 4 cards dont work then. The only unique thing I
>have on these cards is the code:
>1700201021110 V1.1
>
>I googled for this and all I found was some spanish forum with people
>complaining about how the card didn't work and something about
>expensiveness :-)
>
>The card gets detected & configured by the zaptel drivers fine, but the
>code is 'red'. I have no idea what this means but i assume code red is
>bad! :-)
>
>Sandy.

Red usually means that it doesn't see battery on the line input.
Do you have a station line connected, either from the local phone
company, another PBX with a POTS port or ??

Conceptually this card replaces a Plain Old Telephone Set.

Be advised that even though Zaptel knows there is nothing connected,
Asterisk doesn't, and will blind dial and not detect Dial Tone.
The clone cards seem to work OK in the US or elsewhere that there are
600 ohm subscriber lines, but reportedly in the UK and elsewhere  echo
can be a problem.

John Novack